Thursday, June 23, 2005

oh yeah B4 I forget: Stupid Advert Of The Week

Ima TRY to make this a weekly occurence...

So Pantene (hair shampoo people in case its not available where all 3 of my readers are from) have various adverts on TV telling people how shit hot their products are.
No problem there.

Its the advert they show with the microwriting that says 'product not available in Australia' that gobbsmacks me.
What?
So Pantene you decided to waste 30 seconds of the nations' time and YOUR money (that you OBVIOUSLY make too much of) showing a commercial for a product WE -CANT - BUY here?

If I may indulge n ask the BLEEDING obvious...

WHY?
What earthly use is it advertising a product that you then label 'product not available in Australia'.

Can someone from Pantene even ATTEMPT to explain that to me? It will have to be in sentences of words with less than 3 syllabels though as I suspect the moron who let that go ahead doesnt know any bigger words.
Oh yeah they would likely say 'oh we are trying to create a market' pfft
Your boss n his/her boss might just be dickheads, but some of us out here in 'real world' arent.

Whoever you are who approved that commercial you are taking money under false pretense.

n yes 'product not available in Australia' may be a paraphrasis - I was too stunned to recall the exact wording. I captured the essence exactly however. The rank stupidity.. the stunning illogicality.

No comments: