Friday, July 29, 2005

Oh yeah

Youll NEVER guess what the gurl found while we browsed through an op shop today!!!
Two (count em TWO) of my personal favourite, not-in-production-anymore squash rackets!!!!
I bought what I believe to be the last one in captivity last month after saving up for 6 months. I have one in at the centre being repaired (they are fragile) for which I have to pay $33 next thursday n i get it back.

Now I have FOUR of them!!! A Plethora! The gurl wandered over cool as ya like (mind altering drugs can do that for ya eh) n says.. youre GOING to buy these theyre $5 each n I said errrrr woohooo i think. (we are near flat broke for this fortnight so $10 on squash rackets was a major concern) Ida bought em if they hadda been BROKEN for that cuz I know i can get them fixed unless they are snapped through the shaft.

My mate HC called me a racket slut BEFORE!!! Ok ok justified I have 2xAlinta Velocity Pro (fave racket - 1x new, 1x repaired), 1x Grays Millenium 140, 1x Grays Light Blue 155 n 1x Wilson Pro Staff Tour. And now TWO more Alintas!!!! yay me!!!!!


I collect em too. I have mebbe 30 old wooden rackets. Have to hang them up some time methinks. I do enjoy having the occasional hit with them still however hah. Makes one appreciate todays' technology.

On a similar vein... The gurls 'sister in law' (younger bros long term gf) in Melbourne was the recipient of a 2 hour lesson from me a year or so back. She went down yesterday n tried out for the local courts competition teams. they were well enough impressed that they asked her to play for them! So something musta stuck cuz she was bloody hopeless before I got to her!!! just call me coach eh. *polishes his AustSport Squash Coach identification* heh only thing ive ever earnt Ive been really proud of.
a good week
a good week indeed
now if i can make it through to thursday without running out of petrol I will be stoked.

6 comments:

Kassi said...

Try walking ... it's cheaper and good for buring off those extra kilos. The MOTH has just realised he only has two months until his best mates wedding and has horrors of looking like a blimp in all the photos ... so we're all starting walking on Monday !!! Oh ... that and cutting out potato chips and all fun foods for a while :( But the walking bit is cool !!

Mongooser said...

So
go walking on top of the hmmmmm...

4.5kms monday,
6.5kms tuesday,
3/4 hour squash on Wednesday
7kms and 2 hours squash thursday
3.2 kms n body balance course n 1hour practice friday,
4.5 kms n 1 hours practice Saturday?

oh n lemme take a stab at how far ive been on the exercise bike...
averaging 10 - 15 minutes per day which translates to about 8kms per day as a warmup ergo roughly 40kms this week on the exercise bike.
plus the weights which I admit ive been slacking off a touch

sooooo
how far should I walk after training?
cuz I'm sorta beat.. In fact I am skipping tomorrow (sunday) cuz frankly Im buggered.

today I ate
2 salad sandwiches
one bowl of home made beef n vege soup
3 slices of bread

1 cup of soup (same soup about 6 hours later) aint like im pigging out with the food either.
this is about the average... i eat about 1/4 what the girl eats in a day

By any combination of figures I can work Ive not been covering my base metabolic rate in months. still gaining weight though

gives me the shits
n my thyroid is fine
btdt
short of not eating I dont know what to do
n ive tried that too - I spent 14 days in hospital some years back nil by mouth the entire time while being what was the nice werd they used? ahh yes..
'purged'
translated
enemas
induced puking
etc etc etc every day til i wanted to DIE
didnt lose a gram all i got was a sore butt from the rubbish bog roll hospitals inflict on ya
TWO WHOLE WEEKS WITH OUT ANYTHING BUT SALINE DRIP
i lose a couple of kg then it stops n scratches its head n heads back up again.
a bloke could go nuts in short order

Mongooser said...

sorry
I'm bloody frustrated
Ive been so unwell the last 7 weeks or so with the flu then the kidney stones that Ive lost all the fitness (such as it was) Id gained since we joined the gym. This week is the frst week ive been able to even THINK about training
worth a damn.
Ive been going to the gym but felt like I was going backwards *sigh*

I waws actually enjoying my squash for the first time at the beginning of this comp. Getting about the court fast enough n hitting it where I wanted.
Now I am struggling to move it feels like :/ N today was the first time in weeks ive felt like I got the racket on the ball close to well. Least I can see some light.

Kassi said...

The MOTH and the flatmate are goig to start playing squash with the guys from their work next week ... trying to get me enthusiastic enough to go along and join in ... yeaaaahhhh ... nah !!!

Mongooser said...

you go you play!!!
its a great game Kassi

btw hun

you neeed to email me your new address (physical not digital) so I can send you a copy of Geoff Hunt on Squash.

ok ok i know. Sad eh

Anonymous said...

Feel free to come and check it out if you get time :-)