Monday, July 18, 2005

Another dickhead advert

Tv you are kicking GOALS these days.
So the new Ford Focus ad.
Basically it says

If you drive this car you are stupid enough to A: leave your dog in a handbag on the roof n drive off and B: leave some valuable gizmo (i think it is an MP3 player) on the roof n drive off. I felt sorry for the dog. A: it got to go on a terrifying ride on the roof of the car. B: it has a blonde bimbo Paris Hilton wannabee fer an owner and C: its a microyapyap which in itself sucks.
Now i KNOW everyone has probably done something like this at some point.

But I maintain my objection to adverts which portray the user of the product as a dickheaded moron. Insulting your customers is not real smart.

Oh yeah n the guy who was in the ad? Yeah the vacuous idiot from Australian Idol? Him n his mate are shitwits. No talent shitwits. God knows how they kept that gig after the first series (n bTW i DONT watch that rubbish - the adverts were enough )
Barely able to run 3 SCRIPTED words together n generally incoherent. Wonderful.

I hate that bloody Telstra Imode ad too.
Here is new gee whiz technology.
Sposed to be good stuff.
How do they advertise it?
Some lame arsed 50 year old song written before even the people who INVENTED the internet etc were born let alone punk arsed teenagers its aimed at. Some 50 year old bloody annoying song by Carmen Fruit -on - her- head (Miranda? yeah Carmen Miranda).. Atleast I think its her singing. Either way she has this screechy nasal latino voice singing some gay song about who knows what. Not very bloody high tech.
If Telstra were advertising retro telephones from the 40s n 50s i could MAYBE see they song they chose. But lets face it the ONLY people who would have recognised it are in their 70s. the ad is aimed at people with an IQ of a 6 yo too. Again not who ya want using the service.

I have a dream that one day I will see an ad for digital mobile phones without cameras
without games
without a thousand annoying ring tones
Without SMS (so I dont have to receive annoying SMS spam - tip folks.. if you sms spam me i will NOT buy it even if it is EXACTLY what I want n cheap too).
Cuz if i have to deal with another arsehole teenager playing stupid games or fuckarsing about with ringtones while *I* am playing squash Ima shove their fone where itll get a nice even brown coating n be unusable. Then I may flush someones' head. N I wont have to deal with idiots using their phones while driving, walking and picking their noses.

WITH a simple to use menu for adding phone numbers n accessing them. Though I am tempted to say a'lil black book' is perfect for that cuz fuck me we are getting lazy . I used to be able to remember EVERY phone number i needed to know. How hard is it to punch the numbers in?

I managed real well without a shoefone for 3 years ya know. Ive managed with out a watch now for 5. Now I HAVE a shoefone. Its one more piece of crap I have to lug about. thank god they arent like our first batphone back in 1987. A uniden which you wore over the shoulder like a handbag. God it was huge. Still got it somewhere. Cost a BOMB too. Never worked real well either. Basically a waste of money for anything other than posing. I think I was the first person in Parramatta to have a mobile phone. As ever I set trends then get bored by them.

4 comments:

Kassi said...

Don't even own a watch !!

And disappointed the hell outta the saleswoman in the Vodafone shop the other day. Walked in and boldly declared "I need a new phone" ... you could see her heart rate increase as she steered me straight towards the $1800 one in the window with the phrase "So what's your budget dear ?" (Do I LOOK like a "dear" ?!?!? ... only slightly less irritating than "Ma'am" !!!!!) To which I replied "Why don't I tell you what I don't want and you can tell me what I need to spend ?" And as I listed the fact I din't want a camera, a movie phone, didn't make five thousand calls a month, could care less about games and fancy ringtones you could see her getting glummer and glummer ... as she steered me to the $140 model in the back corner ... hehehehehe

I like technology ... on MY terms !!

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYYYYYY a CONVERT!!!!!!


It is a great game Sonya but you have to stick at it!!

One of those sports well worth investing in coaching (tell your coach Craig the coach from Bathurst gave him a plug heha)

Kassi darling i KNEW youd give a saleswoman the shits heh good going! Damn them always trying to walk people up

Kassi said...

PS : "Micro-yap-yap" ... lovin' that phrase !!!

Mongooser said...

you can introduce the expression to NZ
heh
poor damn dog looks terrified
i really feel for it
actually i find myself hoping they used a lifelike dummy
oh wait
that was the blonde breeder
well the DOG had some brains at least.