Thursday, September 22, 2005

i stiiiiiiill havent found what I'm looking forrrrr

Hmm my good scissors are total shite.
The loops for the fingers are too small. They feel nice in the scissoring action n appear to be nice n tight blade to blade but they dont actually CUT anything particularly well. As we (humans) have been making scissors or scissor like objects since the BLOODY BRONZE AGE Ida thought we would praps have attained the shall we say 'state of the art'? Apparently not.

I still havent found a can opener that would fulfil my requirements either.
Ie
OPENING A CAN MORE THAN ONCE (the openers not the can - I mean you could conceiveably open a can twice -it has two ends after all but why would you?) so no I havent found where I can get swiss army able-to-survive-an-atombomb-will-cook-clean-watch-footy-n-drink-beer-with-you can opener. Not that I drink beer but its the thought that counts. Come to think not that I drink at all.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I've a super duper can opener. Mind you, it cost me $58, so it should be. Doesn't drink beer or watch the footy though...but in my house, that's a good thing lol

Walker said...

they have this new can opener that sit on the side of the can and goes around it. It's cordless and opens anything

Kassi said...

I asked S's teacher about the benefits of getting her a pair of "left-handed" scissors ... she told me that would be detrimental rather than beneficial, cos when she's out in the "real world" she'd be crippled by not knowing how to cope with a "normal" pair ...

And I've lost my good scissors again :(

Mongooser said...

yeah rather RUIN her poor bloody fingers using a pair of FUCKING right handed pieces of shite wouldnt she. Not HER kid why should she stop n use her BRAIN for a moment (prolly cuz it has been rotted by breakfast radio)
Some teacher
cripple your kid cuz it is too hard to think about it .
Get her the damned left handed scissors hun
hell BUY her a pair for her birthdya every couple of years until you die if necessary rather than have her struggle all her life with shit.
It sucks. Only I'm too bloody poor n lazy or id have a pair meself.