Monday, May 08, 2006

Live n let live eh

'It has taken almost 2,000 years, but those who worship the 12 gods of ancient Greece have finally triumphed. An Athens court has ordered that the adulation of Zeus, Hera, Hermes, Athena and co is to be unbanned, paving the way for a comeback of pagans on Mount Olympus.'



Father Eustathios Kollas, who presides over the community of Greek priests, said: "They are a handful of miserable resuscitators of a degenerate dead religion who wish to return to the monstrous dark delusions of the past."

I hope Zeus kicks that pricks' arse with a thunderbolt!
I'd say Father Eustathios needs to get a life. Stop wearing a dress, smelling incense, shave ya beard n stop insulting people. When your own religion is near enough to 2000 years old its a little hypocritical refering to a 3000yo one as a '...monstrous dark delusion of the past' I say well what the fuck is YOURS then?
I note that in Greece you can be christian, muslim or jew.

So it is ok to worship a 2000 year old god
A 1400 year old god
A 4000 year old (plus... who really knows) god.
So does the Ole Eustathios think the jews are prey to these monstrous dark delusions from the past?
Does Eustathios enjoy shitting all over the ancient religion of his forefathers? Obviously so. I say good on the Greek high Court! All the christians have done for Greece was build a whole bunch of shitty little churches across the landscape, make Greek women wear black 24/7 and generally cause their lives to be bloody miserable. Seems all christians are good for is making people bloody miserable.
All the muslims have done is damn near DESTROY the Acropolis. Thanks. Thanks for using the Parthenon for target practice. Thanks for storing explosives there. Bastards.
Tonight I burn meat from the bull to Posidaio and offer vegetables to Athene that they grant me happiness and the wisdom not to piss off too many of my fellow humans just because Im a narrow minded brain damaged jerkoff who thinks my way is the ONLY way. Oh yeah... thats right im not a fundimentalist christian or muslim my bad.
The only wine I keep is for libations to the gods.
People DO look at you funny when you say you worship the old gods. I kinda enjoy the uncertain look they get.
I also thoroughly enjoyed Ole Eustathios' claim that worship of the gods was a 'poisonous new age practice' . NEW AGE??? You twat. OLD age maybe. These are gods who were gods 1500 years before your god was conceived by the liar Paul as a way of perverting judaism. Hell even Julius Caesar was worshipped ad dium before yours Etatos (thatd be about how his name would come out in linear B). Poisonous hah !!!What exactly poisoned the Roman empire? Ahh yes... weakened from within by the insidious spread of a poisonous sect dedicated to fucking about with the NEXT life rather than getting on with the one at hand. And yes I know it wasnt the only cause. But it sure didnt help.

As for the claims of satanism well this is typical. Demonise it then you can burn the adherents. Or drown them. Or whatever else the demonically possessed superstitious dickheads can think of in the name of the church and 'god'. Interestingly religious persecution was invented by the christians. Didnt happen before they showed up. Only THEY were harrassed for political reasons - not religious. THEY got started on the religious persecutions. bastards.

Let people worship who they want to worship. We can then all sit back smuggly thinking we are the only ones going to heaven or paradise or the elesian fields.

Ahem...
got that off my chest eh.
Missing squash tonight.. nervous nervous twitchingggggg with the jumping n the moving n the not SITTING still. (thats my Prfessor Frink impression btw)
Hope my mate does betterr filling in for me than he did last time.

well the logies wankfest is over for another year. Now we can recover from watching overpaid over pampered show business people fawning over each other n telling each other how talented they are n how wonderful they are etc etc. *gag* Talk about self absorbed self obsessed self pleasuring ...

My dog is totally on the ball lol Today I went out twice i nthe space of about 3 minutes. The first time I had a teeshirt on. the second time I had a sloppy joe on over the top. When he spotted me he was all 'ima DO you jimmy who tha f you think you are in MY yard' then got to about to bite my ankle stage n you could see him think 'shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhit its the boss' n he pulled up real sharp. Now the looks this dog can give youd be forgiven for thinking I beat him within an inch of hislife on a regular basis. Not. He gets the odd tap on the nose when he is REALLY naughty but thats about all. He had that total 'dont hit me massa' look today lol. I gave him a rub behind the ears.
The gurl often says 'if it came down to me or the dog the dog would win eh' to which I say 'of course - I have known my dog since he was 6 weeks old - he is the only person I trust unreservedly who isnt direct family' He never runs away. He never gets shitty with me. He wouldnt dream of leaving me for someone else. When the exwife left he didnt even NOTICE she was gone. top dog that
love me love my dog
simple.

5 comments:

Mongooser said...

firstly that first paragraph was a quote from the same Guardian article from which I extracted etatos' poisonous comments.
Secondly where I mention 300yo religion I meant 3000 yo.
There
errata corrected.
Welcome back rocky ole bud hows the fambly?
Father Jim says you CANNOT petition the lord with prayer. I beleive referrign to the christian lord. I think you can petition father Zeus with prayer (and burnt offerings).
welcome to the soft parade mate.

Mongooser said...

ok I found out there is an edit function so the first part of that post will look funny now lol.

Yep rocky we all know (those of us who got to read historical documents with unnblinkered eyes) that dying n rebirthing gods were a dime a dozen (such na irritatingly american expression but truly pithey as well) back then. Just stupid spring agricultural cults. Of course to compete joshua had to die n be reborn eh. What a load. Stupid christians expect you to not think theyre hypocrits fer laughing at the 'crazy' notions of the old beliefs when they have the same shit rehashed n repackaged. Except noone got rich of believing in Zeus. Plenty get rich flogging joshua.
Prriests use the same mass hysteria techniques HITLER used. But of course they get all uppety n go off on a tangent saying youre accusing them of being 'hitler' when you are simply pointing out they use the same basic group psychology. Neatly diverting attention away from the fact you are poiting out they manipulate people for their own uses.

Mongooser said...

oh yeah
N good old Zeus goes back maybe 6-8000 years to the original Indo-europeans. He is found in Greek and Latin, Sanskrit,Hittite (I think) etc etc EVERY language which descended from them (the indo-european group). Zeus is an old old god Older than the Egyptian ones the new age moonbats get so excited about.
rocky notice the word verification always looks like bloody transliterated Linear B?

Lisa said...

After my recent experience, I'm steering away from anything Greek of any sort...'cept maybe yoghurt..it is thick and creamy afterall lol

Love the sound of your dog. There really is noone else that will greet you, protect you, follow you around, lick your feet etc...like a dog that adores you. Perhaps you need to get his eyes checked...sounds like he could be short sighted if he only realised it was you when he got closer lol

(I love that he didn't even notice when your exwife left...that's the sure sign of loyalty to YOU..yay!)

Mongooser said...

well i now know you like it thick n creamy! *choke*
mate he saw me in a teeshirt, then a minute later i had on a totally different coloured slopy joe and was walking away from him. I reckon he did ok not actually biting me. Poor bugger is already deaf and hasa titanium plate in one leg.