Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Real Cricket

Theres a whole world of curfuffle going on right now about 'racial' sledging.
I reckon if you get paid to do something you LOVE you should take it on the chin.
They wanna pay me all that money to play cricket they can call me what the hell they like when they like. I couldnt GIVE A FUCK. Every time someone sledges me when I play cricket I mentally tick the 'I'm beating these pricks' box. Cuz sledging generally occurs when they cant think of another way to defeat you.
If someone gave me a drive in the WRC the other drivers could badmouth me all they liked. Couldnt care less. When I play squash I dont care a jot if the other player is carrying on - it ALWAYS means youre winning. The ONLY time I care what theyre saying is if they think Ive broken the rules (IE cheated intentionally). The only time I kick up a fuss is if rules are being broken (double bounces being my most fave peeve playing squash fucking COUNT the bounces unpire its that simple!) Otherwise I care not if the other guy is whinging about something. Means I am winning.

Youre all grown men. GET OVER IT. How would these babies go if they were in the Army n sent to Iraq? How would they carry on getting SHOT at? Call it not fair? Stiff shit.

I know Australia has a rep for sledging which I for one am not that proud of. However EVERY other test side on the planet does it. It is STILL sledging, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka when you say it in your own language. south Africa, just cuz you abuse someone in afrikaans doesnt mysteriously render it not 'sledging' fuckign whingers. Admit it
the REAL reason youre all peeved is cuz you CANT WIN. Whinge about our umpires being biased (Subcontinent take a look at your OWN backyard at least our umpires dont get DEATH threats), so we now have international umpires. Result? STILL whinge about umpiring. NEver when it hurts the Australian side. Always when youre on the end of a rough call.

Here is a tip.

TRY umpiring a game yourself. Try it at Bligh Park 7th grade if you want. Come on see how fucking well YOU do at it. It isnt easy. I reckon I am a pretty good umpire (know the important rules AND a few obscure ones) n have a good look b4 deciding. I reckon my team is the ONLY one in 7th that gives LBW decisions regularly. some others give them when to NOT would involve charges of cheating. But otherwise they are few n far between. It simply is NOT as easy as it looks.

Having said all that

Ponting MUST go. He is a spoilt spoonfed prat. I blame Steve Waughs' influence.
Ponting is unimaginative as a captain. He carries on like a child when something goes against him. He sets a bad example for the other players in the side. I fear Michael Clark will follow his example. Make Mike Hussey captain now. The bloke is respectful and knowledgeable.

bah

sucking the life out of a wonderful game they are.
I think I shall have to take up squash again.

2 comments:

Kassi said...

Well said !!!

Iron Mike said...

Indeed!!!
I was very gratified to find that one of my mates from the sand box, Sergeant First Class Karl Brown, is a referee in my son's basketball league. Adults are the worst offenders at these events and he has (and will use) the authority to eject any and all from the game. But not for comments directed towards himself. His demeanor, self-possesion and total lack of reaction is more of a chastisement than any form of word or deed.
Same is true for another referee friend, Mr. Sydney Huston of the European Football (American style) League. This ex-pat, retired Special Forces chappie also has the benefit of a size unchallenged since the Cretacious.
Although I wish Karl could have a bag of diapers at courtside, to put on people who forget the reason for youth sport; I think Sydney could probably get everyone to bring their own...just in case they need them.