Wednesday, January 30, 2008

2 cricket matches in one weekend

Played Schofields on Saturday without our best bowler AND batsman (same hyper talented 16yo) and without our regular wicketkeeper. Won a pretty close one day game.
Was good. I took a wicket, ended up 1/6 off 2 overs. Happy. Didnt bat real well (again) I seem to be having a real problem with hitting the ball this season.

We had a social match with 5th grade on Monday.
Lost
It was a social game when they wanted it to be a social game n turned serious whenever it looked like WE were getting in front. Hard to take being critisised by a 16yo batsman for my bowling ESPECIALLY when I had him dropped on Nought 2nd ball then missed being out stumped 4th ball (AFTER getting their captain out 1st ball. Big sus when the guy who dropped the catch is a mate of his too. Never mind.
In OUR team we rein our punk teenagers in , keep em on a short leash.
Bah

Mums' golden Labrador is staying with us for a week much to the delight of MY golden labrador. They get on like a house on fire. All one hears is the two of them raging up n down the side of the house and around the back yard.

I now have that alloy wheel for my Peugeot racer set up with the spear of the quick release from the steel wheel off the bike. Now all i gotta do is put the tyre n tube over. Which I willll get to stop hassling me ok! I havent been for much of a ride anywhere lately, Im a social rider n frankly its been too fucking hot for my liking - in this sort of heat when I start running or riding my asthma kicks in hard. THough i guess its not really asthma as the ventolin doesnt help its what my cardiologist in Bathurst reckons is a valve in my airway not being able to opneeither enough or fast enough to flow the air i need. Basically a phyical limitation. Like having too small a carby on a car. Last time i had issues with it I was training at the gym in Bathurst n getting pains in my chest n shortness of breath. Did the whole exercise stress test thing n theres nothing wrong with my ticker or my lung capacity - I just cannot physically FLOW enough air to fill the demand. So I ride when it isnt too hot or too cold. screw it I enjoy it why make it painful? Squadh n cricket is fer pain.

On a happier note I have lost 5of the annoying kilos I put on since moving down here last year. I have lost about 14cm round the chest too. When i get to 115kg I shall have reacquired equilibrium. Then i can start on getting under 110. And so on. The lowest Ive been since I got over my lower back injury/broken ankle/buggered knee has been 103kg which would be nice to get to again.
I DID do that with some chemical inducement however its true. Good old duromine (legal speed eh)and playing squash every day fer atleast 2 hours plus jogging round the block every night ,late, when noone could see fatboy run run fatboy run.
So fingers crossed. My goal is under 100kg. Then I shall be seeing some light at the end of a tunnel.

anyhoo


noone else is writitng their blogs lately so why should I?

1 comment:

Iron Mike said...

Guilty as charged oh Craig of the narrow windpipe. (Glad it's not something serious.)
Am marching to break the 100kg line m'self. Got family membership at gym this week. Didn't quite have to sell off any land, but the cost will be an inducement to get one's money's worth.
Will be thinking of you, basking in the warmth of your tropical paradise, as I set foot out my door into a fresh 10-15cm of the chilly white. (Or else I can stay in till it melts and blog-on about "The Enduring Mystery of the Haunted Crags" a true tale from my past. Been meaning to do that but had to find the maps for referrence.)Also need to load up my son's old MP3 player so I don't have to listen to a chorus of "fatboy run run fatboy run" while I'm on the treadmill or eliptical machine.
Thanks for the update---Mike