Tuesday, January 17, 2006

thank the deity! or The rains're here!

Finally it is raining here!

Ahh the cool the cool!!!!!!
there was a seriously melting mongoose here for a while.

yeah yeah i know it is hotter in Queensland rockape. Ya just tougher eh.



or stupider


well Ive been reading about glycogen levels lately in some of my training books.
I think monday (errrr... today) I had zero glycogen levels after a particularly strenuous sunday. Went to the gym this morning n just couldnt be arsedf. I know theres a certain reader who will immediately say 'lazy fat bastard' n normally youd be right mate eh, but today I just felt drained.


Sad when you can walk into centrelink, say to the guy that you wanna claim some superannuation back n he bangs in your details n says 'no worries I'll print that financial hardship letter right up' n a moment later 'there ya go'. thanks :(
Well the car needs tyres dont it. n the a/c is somewhat less than functional.

enough to make ya laugh at the thought of taking drugs.

Gotta love where ya live eh. Another screaming match this arvo. Dunno where from exactly but close enough that we knew the little bastard was a fucking cunt who was even worse than his bastard pisshead good for nothing useless fucking wanker father.
to quote. Can you imagine yelling something like that at your kid loud enough that the entire neighbourhood can hear it? N then they wonder why theyre doomed to this eternal cycle of abuse n poverty. Dont blame us look at yourselves.
Mind you heh some punk kid the other day decided to swerve out in front of me on one of those little stupid scooter things they think are clever. The look on his face was priceless when he eventually realised A i wasnt gonna swerve to avoid him n B i wasnt braking either. I thought 'screw you ya little bastard car V arsehole = car' and basically I'm tired of this areas little hitler punks who think the road is for being as big a pain in the arse as they can manage on. Funnily enough since then I havent had to worry about bastard kids wandering out in front of me.

Didnt stop Mr Shitwit in a toyota van staring me right in the eye from the sidestreet and STILL trying to drive into my passenger side door. Idiot. Heard of 'right of way' wanker?

I maintain the rage against fucking bastards who run red lights.


I mentioned a while back my sister (bless her soul) acquired me a pair of 'good' scissors for my birthday. I am sure she spent quite an amount on these useless things.
They dont cut paper. They dont cut material (bloody surprising given my sister is tech editor for the main australian quilting mag). They dont cut skin (i tried...). They dont make good orange peelers. Hell they dont cut the stuff htey make racket grips out of (rendering them nigh on bloody USELESS for me eh what). To date we havent found a single thing they can cut with any degree of fluidity n grace. They are extremely well made and are attractive to look at. THIS DOTH NOT GOOD SCISSORS THEM MAKE. So fer execution of primary function id rate them zero. For sucking in trendy sistor id rate them 100%. For looking the goods -100% For giving me the tomtits -100%

They dont even make a good bookmark and arent heavy enough to use as a page holder while ya reading while cooking (you know... put the book on the counter, look round for something to hold it open while ya wizz back n forth doing cooking shit, every now n then returning to read a few lines). So frankly unless i can make them into a functional fishing lure (on the 'silver flashy attractor' principle) Im at a loss as to what to do with them. N no... they dont cut monofilament either. Thats fishing line to the iggerant.

However all is not lost on the useless implement front.

HSV came home from visiting her parents b4 xmas n came bearing a can -opener - that - works. LEmme say that again... a can opener that works. Madre de dios as the spanish would say. I gazed in wonder as she demonstrated. Can goes there. Twirl this bit. See can open. wow. TWICE without failure. To date it has opened more cans successfully than any single opener ive ever had b4. Yes i went on a can opening frenzy. See the trick is to make the can opener out of better (much much better) metal than the damn can is made from. screw appearance. screw 'design' (i htink a wanker term fer ppl who wanna pay more for shit than they can conscience n need an excuse 'oh yes yours works better n is superior in ever sense but MINE was DESIGNED'). So Im a 50% happy man.

Bloody scissors.

I now have a collection of wheel braces since the standard (unuesed i might add) peugeot wheelbrace the car came with unaccountably BENT when I attempted a wheel nut untightening. I was somewhat gobsmacked shall we say. I now have THREE cross braces. plus a Peugeot 404 wheelbrace (if i bend THAT I am spending too much time in the gym). Yep dad went nuts with the wheelbraces when he came up last heh.I feel like sending it back to Mr Peugeot n asking him wtf theyre playing at. I mean they MAKE their own steel. Oh well its been upgraded to an older version now. Typical. We upgraded my 505 starter motor to a 504 one. We upgraded my 505 clutch to a 504 one. Same with the d/s driveshaft. ok ok we changed the front struts for 505 GTI struts from mums GTI which got shall we say ... shortened? theyre stiffer n lower than 504 so they are better (its a bloke thing ok)

No comments: