Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Bloody hell is that the date??

Wow

It has been almost 3 weeks since I wrote anything!!!
The shame the shame!

Sorry reader.

I've been somewhat deaf for the past 2 weeks or so though.
My right ear was chock full of wax n poking n probing only annoyed it more so I headed off to the doc for a syringing. Ahhhh... no more pain... STILL can't hear though...
Bought some stuff to help break up wax n went back to the doc a week later (still unable to hear). ANOTHER syringing... STILL couldnt hear could I?

bugger bugger bugger...

had another go with the syringe today n miracle of miracles!!! I can hear again!!!
God everything is loud! I think it wasnt so much not being able to hear on my right side that was annoyign but the huge pressure build up all the time. Like someone was filling my ear up with water every couple of seconds. It didnt hurt but it was really irritating.

So Ive been playing the American coaches' 'system' for 2 weeks now. I think all he has managed to do is actually clarify what one si supposed to do in a match. It is working though I hate to say. Ive cut out unforced errors almost completely. For me they are mostly caused by basically having to many shot variations available (nice problem to have if you have it mind!) then having a brain fart when it comes time to hit a shot that I can reproduce 99% of the time perfectly well. The system i'm following tells me what to hit (not that hard to follow really - in the back corner hit it down the wall, in the front corner play a straight drop 99% of the time... let the other bozo hit the cross courts n show off shots). According to the rating list I'd be considered 'expert/professional' level regarding shotmaking n we are apparently over enamoured with playing fancy shots. It is true too. I sometimes go for the hollywood shot just cuz i CAN not cuz it is the right shot to play. Brain dead. i seem to be doing more running (no bad thing) but making far fewer errors so its working for me so far.

Oh yeah
I GOT A TROPHY ner ne ner ne nerr nerrrr (heh when I originally typed that i wrote 'atrophy' then thought well DERR everyone gets older) I won the Panthers Squash Club B grade club championship final AND the veterans plate event (first of the losers I call it). I rule B grade. I progress t oA grade next year where all plans working nicely I should scare shit out of a few folks. I'm back on my diet AND my phentermine tablets (100% pure amphetemine WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) so I'm hoping the weight comes off in lumps cuz Ive got the racket skills back where I want them now, I'm moving about pretty well fer a fat lard arsed 110kg lump so losing the 40 odd kilos will do wonders for my speed n well being.

Looks like the intermittent starting trouble I was having since we changed the starter motor (Rocky DONt start I know I know) has been fixed - a faulty battery terminal of all things. Now to tackle the stupid leaking exhaust when the rain finally stops.

I know most of my readership could care less but...

When oh when are we gonna see something done about foot faults in squash???
I raised the subject some time ago at a club I play at to be told 'oh we dont bother with that!' I said 'so Ive noticed!! If you dont bother with foot faults then can I not worry about serving above the 'high ball' line??' they said 'no of course not thats a service fault!' I said 'so is not having your foot wholey with in the service box when you hit the ball' 'It isnt the same' I said 'if you cant be arsed applying ONE rule you shouldnt bloody complain when someone couldnt be arsed applying another rule should you? I mean... with your serve you get to take the time to GET YOUR DAMN FOOT IN THE BOX! I dont want the high ball line cuz I serve my lob serve within an inch or two of the line n damned air pressure variation can mean the difference between a fair serve and a fault I atleast take the time to get my FOOT right!!! They just didnt get it. It isnt just local club squash either it happens at the British open. Every pro game Ive been able to see on TV or d/led from the innernet shows foot fault mania!! I hate it.

As for that dickhead aussie they are stringing up in Singapore I say good on em. Fucking drug dealers. You go to singapore with drugs you KNOW whats gonna happen if you get caught. So suck shit. Swing ya mongrel. A minute silence for the dog? Never
A minute silence is reserved for the 102000 australian servicemen who gave their lives. not some drug smuggling son of a bitch.

3 comments:

Kassi said...

I'm afraid I'm failing to understand the link between temporary deafness and the inability to blog. Do you mutter to yourself as you type, and find yourself totally unable to put anything down unless you can hear??

Good to have you back though :)

Lisa said...

There's going to be a minute silence for him?? Can't quite fathom that. I'm afraid I'm of the same opinion as you. Maybe not as strong opinion, but it's there all the same.

Don't understand about the foot fault thing. Why bother with any rules at all if they're going to ignore any? You would obviously know that foot faults (or 'stepping' as they say) are HUGE in netball games. Feet need to be accountable just as anything else!

Glad to read that you can hear again now...must've been frustrating as hell. Did it affect your balance with squash at all? (don't be crass, that's a genuine question lol). Ear syringing is common as muck, we have patients in at work all the time getting it done.

Good to see you back!

Mongooser said...

kassi darling Ive been running hither n thither too.
You know the feeling.
Plus it seems my computer is growing senile. or is it the user?
hmm
heh the crate of lemons... I AM soft in the head i hadda think a minute about that! Good on her though eh. What is the topic? 'how to be a total prat to you younger brother n his mates?' (the poor grama cuz she WILL be ina italy eh)

I cant believe all those total braindead gormless morons holding (somber voice) 'candlelit vigils' for that stupid prick. I feel sorry for his family cuz they bare the eternal shame of A knowing their son is a scumsucking drugdealer n B knowing the whole country knows. If those idiots wanna hold a vigil how about doing it for that pricks' VICTIMS?? Dont see these flatliners helping the poor sick sods who are hooked on the shit he was bringing here. The bloke brought death n misery to EVERYONE he touched.
Funny thing too... Ive been to Singapore. It is actually SAFE to walk the streets at night.