Sunday, October 02, 2005

bahh exercise is SUPPOSED to be good for you

So why am I so sore? *sniff*

I went to the gym then I played squash fer 1 1/2 hours today. My legs hurt :/

This is the fundamental problem with exercise. It is far far easier to be bloody lazy. It should hurt to sit around doing bloody nothing!!!

I remember back when I was svelte (babybear keeps asking me if I'm svelte yet - I think she read it in a book n decided to use it rather than 'thin' or 'skinny'). I hurt all the time. I played squash for several hours every day, trained to play squash for several hours every day. All the training I was doing I shoulda felt NO pain i reckon. Instead I was in agony 24/7. Of course some may argue from that that praps I have not got the ole athletes' body type. I suspect a nuggety flint of truth in that. Running should be a joy after all it is what our bodies are designed to do.
I personally have never felt that 2nd wind n that euphoria runners are always blathering on about. Ever. Never. Ive felt that cramping sensation in the quads. That tearing sensation in the calves. That 'fuck me I dont think I can breathe enough to play the last 3 points' i HAVE felt. That shit do I have legs or is there a lump of cement below my pelvis? feeling I have felt.

Truth be told I used t oget a real sharp pain in my right clavical every time I ran anywhere n wasnt carrying something in either hand. this dissuaded me from running sometimes.

BTW I tried writing about serious stuff n aside from Walker (thanks mate) noone seemed to give a fuck one way or the other. So pfft I'ma stick to dribbling shit from now on (sit DOWN rocky they already KNOW I dribble shit at olympic standard). So screw controversy.

I'm hoping to have the cash to play in the bathurst open this month *fingers crossed*. I have to play a guy tomorrow who is ranked so ahead of me i cant actually see him most of the time. Naturally this does not prevent me from deluding myself I have a chance to beat him! heh. Young buggers... they shit me with their speed n eyes that work n n n natural timing (come to think.. I never had much in the way of natural timing - I sometimes wonder how good I coulda BEEN if I had even a drop of sports genes in me) yahyah. He is gonna brain me but I hope to teach him a modicum of respect for his elders. I then have to play the sexiest gal in Bathurst with a squash racket in her hand. *sigh* hard to concentrate. too hard. very very hard. I'd like to occupy HER T (squash joke dont trouble yerself if you dont get it).


oh well

Hope everyone who reads this is well (all 5 of you)
N Good on the WEsts Tigers for winning the football today. GO TIGERS (I dont support them but it is always good when a NSW side beats a QLd side!!!) As eni fule kno Queensland sucks

3 comments:

Kassi said...

Wow !!! Asthma AND cancer ... poor jon !!!

Lisa said...

Phew, just made it in for the 5th comment! *wipes brow* Yay, I'm in the loop!

Ya know, that Jon fella up there actually emailled me with the exact same comments. I guess that's what happens when they can't get to you via Haloscan eh? Spamming bastards!

I can't help but agree with you about all that exercise and you being in pain 24/7. But from all accounts, getting on form for squash is obviously what you wanted to do, and do it you did.

and just a quick note about that serious drug post down below...you made a lot of sense as far as I was concerned. I just never posted, because I have no experience whatsoever to go on. (Yeah I know that doesn't mean I can't say anything. Sue me for lurking and not commenting *pokes tongue*)

Kassi said...

BTW ... I note that Peugeot won Rally Japan ... thought of you for some weird reason :P