Friday, October 28, 2005

just a quichey (or is that quicky?)

So while I was down at mum's I went over to my mate Pauls' n we then went down to the cricket nets near his place (you americans n canadians can just try to keep up ok). There were maybe 15 cricketers practising happily when one of thems' 12-14 yo boy pulls out a fake baseball n mitt (what girls) n says to me (who knows him narry from a bar of soap) 'can you throw some baseballs for me to catch? Dont worry - it's not a real baseball' to which I replied 'I'm not worried - baseball isnt a real game' Which absolutely, totally, completely broke every cricketer there up. Some ended up rolling on the ground they were laughing that hard. The poor kid got this slightly puzzled but determined not to cry look happening. Hell even his DAD was almost in tears.

I'm mean
I know it.

Hey rocky I cant pull a rabbit out of a hat (AGAIN? That trick NEVER works!!! THIS time for SURE!!!) But I did acquire a Gunn & Moore Autograph Series WA (Bert) Oldfield Autograph bat the other day from a 'curios and Ephemera' shop in Windsor. The kicker is , not only is it a Bert Oldfield Autograph bat (with the stamped on in ink autograph) but it is ALSO personally signed by the bloke himself on the left back shoulder of the bat. Which the poor woman who runs the shop cant have known or I wouldnt have only paid $20 for it!
for those igerrant fules who dont kno
WA (Bert) Oldfield was the Australian test wicketkeeper during the 1932 bodyline tour. he was struck in the head by Harold Larwood during the Adelaide test match. An occurrence which almost occcasioned a declaration of war against England. Bastards
As fer you f**** Jardine (I KNOW you went to hell you prick) I hope its too fuggin hot down there n the management is NOT allowing you to turn on the A/C... Though youre a big enough prick youre probably RUNNING the joint eh.

Heh

The kiwis MIGHT understand that last bit... the poms will... the rest can bloody well google all of it. lazy prats expect me to explain everything? what am I? an analogue google?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Um I'm not sure I do understand the last bit, I'm still getting over the Chappell(sp?) incident.

And 1932?? how bloody old do you think I AM??!

But hey, I did comment on a sports post, so I'm feeling pretty real today :-P

khyvzqm (still feeling the realness of the situation)

Mongooser said...

heh rocky its a toss up between you n my pommy mate or whether I try selling it at an enormous profit.
Though on reflexion

It wouldnt be right to leave it to an Englishman eh. After All Bert Oldfield was laid out by one during Bodyline. hmmm guess that answers THAT question.
Bloody pommy bastards.
heh

Peter Veness said...

that's some fantastically funny gear.