Monday, December 17, 2007

ave all Friends Cunts n Romanymen

To the enquriing mind who asked (AKA I ron Mike)

My main area of interest in the ancient historical world is Bronze age Greece.
I am also tres interestant in Rome under the principate and the later Roman empire.
Mildly interested in anything spartan, especially if Dr Bettany Hughes is showing it on TV. If I'd had her as a lecturer Id still be at uni. *drool* Unfortunately due to an old head injury I have trouble holding specific factoids in my head for more than a week or so :/ so unless I saw it/heard of it/read about it prior to 1989 unless Ive seen/heard/read it a dozen times over n over it just wont stay n my brain. makes it hard to have an intelligent conversation when I KNOW i know what youre talking about n why your are so wrong your arse is speaking but xometimes the ole brain wont fire up right.

I am also fairly firmly on the Milford Walpoff side of the prehistory fence, finding the genetic evidence frankly too ambiguous for the claims made for it at this time. Nice bloke too Prof Walpoff. Drop him a line, he will answer if your question is posed at all logically and is understandable (IF youre interested). Ive had a nice correspondence with him over the years (very occawionally). Unreal that you can email one of the top 4 palaeo anthropologists in the world n get not just an answer , but an answer from HIM not some minion! Couldnt imagine emailing Donald Johanson.

Saw Dr Hughes latest (i think) on Helen of Troy yesterday. I notice my old ancient history prof , Professor Trevor Bryce, was a consultant on it. Niiiice as Borat would say. Wonder if rockapus stupidus is reading this... oh i forgot rocky.. blonde hair big tits... no sexy brunettes for you eh.

Well Bligh Park 7th took another outstanding win on Saturday. I opened n chipped in with a hard earnt 17 before getting out attempting to hit a pull shot into the next post code. Played onto my stumps n staggered off into the shade. It were vera hot Saturday. Not unhappy as I had decided it was time to accelerate the scoring some n if i got out the young bloke in next is a BIG hitter, in fact made 48ish (ie it was more than 40 n less than 50 but i cant remember exactly what) off not very many which knocked the stuffing out of the other side. Then we dried their runs up when it was their turn. Gave em nothing. Ended up running through them n bowled them out pretty cheap. I took my first ever catch at first slip. Dropped my prolly 3rd ever at first slip not long after. It WAS a full cut shot through a vacant 3rd slip area so I had no business even GETTING my right hand onto it (Im left handed), so I ended up stopping what was a certain boundary. Hurt some too.

I think I shall abandon the idea of broadband and instead join a gym down here as I desperately need to reclaim some fitness. The one at the local uni also has 2 squash courts for the use of members. As I have been getting tres antsy about needing to hit a ball about this may be a good option as the cost of 2 x 1 hour training session at the local squash centre will pay for a MONTHS membership at the uni gym. hence free squash practice. Niiice (see above lol).

Discovered that Mercedes Benzes are a bit more complex than my Peugeot. What would have been a 10 minute job on my 505 turned into an unsuccessful 2 hour piss about on my mates' ML . Then we couldnt fix it - couldnt even get started on fixing it which bit arse. Oh well. I thiiink any electric motor from any late model MB will fit it so getting a part from a breaker shouldnt present any trouble. Getting it in without a chisel and a gas axe will be the interesting thing. Wont be me btw lol. Dad expressed his desire not to have anything to do with it either.

1 comment:

Iron Mike said...

We got it covered, not much in my head pre-1989.
Wonder if the breakers there are known for keeping vicious dogs. Our salvers think they have gold under that grease and filth and the ones specialize in euro-cars think they have platinum.
Gas axe...thats a hot wrench in my gear head dictionary. Wish I could understand my neighbors this well.