Monday, December 12, 2005

Fear V desire

I went fishing for trout yesterday.
Now I could be acused of being something of a dilettante when it comes to trout fishing.
I go, wander about for a bit, teach one of my lures to swim some n if it looks like jack shit is happening I wander home again. My problem is I like 'sight' fishing.

That means I like to SEE the fish I'm trying to catch. Around here lately that is like pfft... FAT chance mate. Every time Ive been gold panning where I went fishing yesterday Ive seen trout. Yesterday? zip nada, nothing.

Come to think every time I go panning there I get something. Yesterday ? zip etc.
The gurl got very disheartened very fast. Not helped that she isnt feeling real well lately.

We even went up to Sofala last week n yeah got nothing. I know I go at weird times of the day but I usually see SOMETHING. I dont usually use my fly rod though cuz I rarely know if I am doing it right heh

I'm somewhat more puzzled by our lack of success (relatively - we are not trying to find enough gold to retire on - just to say we found some) gold panning as I know generally where n what to do. I ALWAYS get something. Not lately :/

Pretty scared of bloody snakes yesterday. Very overgrown. Very dense foliage. And Warm. Snake time. thankfully we didnt see a single one. Doesnt mean they werent there. Sneaky bastards. THey lurk where you cant see them then BAM strike when you relax for a mere second!! In Australia it is customary to run the pricks over several times when seen on roads so they cant chase you n crawl inside your car , laying in wait.

So the Lebanese boyos in Sydney bash a Cronulla lifesaver or two last weekend. THIS weekend 5000 skips bashed some lebanese who were, lets face it, too stupid to stay away. N its the anglo saxons aussies' fault the whole thing started. Cant figure that out myself. Racial violence sucks. But surely white folks have the right to defend themselves? Are we supposed to roll over on our tummies n play dead while arabic australians abuse young women in the streets (when they arent pack raping them as has happened), assault surf life savers trying to save lives (volunteers all) and who have generally (so it seems) rendered one of Sydneys' favourite beaches a no go zone unless you are of some sort of Arabic descent? Not right. Not right at all.
You lot got a fair go when they came here. you continue to get a fair go. Stop acting like arseholes. Cuz if you act like arseholes eventually a lot of people get the shits n some of them decide to DO something about it.

Anyone wants to call me racist can get fucked too. My exwife is chinese. My favourite uncle is Maltese. One of my best mates is Russian. Hell I even think the poms are ok. I grew up next door to a family of Lebanese refugees. Nicer people you wouldnt meet. They seemed pretty happy to be somewhere noone was shooting at them. I wonder what THEY think of the behaviour of the younger, Australian born generation.
The trouble is if the police arrest the pricks there is an instant bloody furor revolving around the fact they are 'lebanese' or 'muslim' or wherever the hell their anticedents are. NOT that they are little punk arse bastards. There are plenty of white mongrels in gaol across Australia for being pricks. When THEY get arrested noone makes a big deal about it do they? Nope. Arsehole got arrested for being an arsehole. Good.
they all whine about why can't you just accept us n our culture. Well fuck you. Your lot CAME here cuz we dont do shit like that. So stop trying to import your culture of intolerance and hatred here then labeling US as racist because we refuse to accept behaviour from you which we find unacceptable in our own cultural context. Narrow mindedness, petty hatred and conflict is the reason your families came here in the first place. Yet you BRING it with you. If you want to live in a crap world where the inmates run the asylum go back to Lebanon or Iraq or Iran where the rule of law and the human rights you blythely babble about is upheld in such a shining fashion.

Funny thing though. Dont ever seem to have any dramas with the Greeks, Italians, Maltese, Turks n Chinese. Or the Indians, Pakistanis n Sri Lankans. Aside from one or two bad eggs the Vietnamese seem to be a reasonable lot too.
Hell our real national day is a celebration of the fact we INVADED Turkey. Gives them a fair reason not to like us youd think eh. Get along just fine.

Wish we could send a few bloody NEW ZEALANDERS back home though. Can't move fer them on Bondi. It sux. Or sex. Or six. Something like that. Buy a vowel anyone?
I know... as the South Park song goes... 'blame Canada!!!!' Right it is ALL Canadas' fault. Probably them thar FRENCH Canadians. Ca va.

Likewise all you trades unionists from bloody England. Fuck off BACK there ya bastards. You all lobbed here in the late 70s n early 80s AFTER youd royally SCREWED the UK. Why? Cuz there were jobs n education n sun. Did you leave the bullshit behind? No. What a surprise it is to hear the dulcet tones of an english trades unionist banging on about shit here. Trying to fuck this country like they fucked England in the 70s.

If i hear another whining puling moron complain about 'high' interest rates again I think I will be sick. You can tell right away they were gormless twits in the late 80s otherwise theyd remember the recession we had to have when the communists i mean the labor party stuck us with 20% unemployment and 20% interest on HOME loans. (dont ASK what business loans went to - hell I think we should have the right to SUE the labor party for gross missmanagement - they put my father out of business in about 6 months fuck you very much).
How insulting can that lot get too? They had to introduce QUOTAS of women to try to boost the number of women in their party. Condescending bastards. If theyre good enough theyll get a run if they arent they wont. Simple. This is the system that gave us Roz Kelly as a MINISTER OF THE CROWN, Carmen Lawrence as a MINISTER of the CROWN, just to name two morons the labor party thought were talented. Just once I would like to see a labor party MLA who has actually either A run his/her own business or B at least held a JOB that DIDNT involve being a shop steward OR working for a union directly. Great grounding for running a country that. Learning how to blackmail employers, strike and generally do stuff that would have you arrested anywhere else.

Pulled ANOTHER leg muscle on Tuesday. So. Second week running (!) no gym. No squash. damnit. N NO it was the OTHER leg. stupid stupid boy.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Well after that comment about sending the New Zealanders back home, you deserve to have pulled another leg muscle, hahaha, serves you bloody right, pah.

Nah, just kidding, I wouldn't want you to be deporting me the moment I stepped my foot on your sunny shores is all :-P

My hubby has never been a keen fisherman, but years ago he was sent north on a PR trip with some of their biggest customers. Deep sea fishing...two days later he'd landed two marlin. One weighing in at 85kg, the other at 103kg. The skippers were knocking themselves out trying to get him to let them take him out for another day to see if he could manage a hat trick.

This is Lisa, still keeping it real...coming to you live from Internet Lovers. Over and out.

Mongooser said...

nah kiwis can stay theyre hella good fun to shit stir