Monday, December 19, 2005

Bloody pets

I miss my old budgerigar :/
berty was a plain green standard budgy. Like you get in the wild. Right size right colour.
He loved watching the cricket, eating lettuce and telling me where the flies were when they managed to get inside.
Bugger got really stroppy if ya turned the cricket off. Went mental in fact. Nothing could be heard over the screech of annoyed bird.

He had good enough hearing he could ascertain when we opened the vege crisper from 2 rooms away. UP n down up n down he would run on his perch whislting happily . Loved lettuce he did.

He hated flies as much as I did. Perhaps more. Always eyeball exactly where they were n make this unique 'theres a fly' chirp. Then do the dance of joy when I came n killed it.

What I particularly enjoyed was when the gurl would hold the mongrel bastard cat up to his cage. THe cat would try to get away to no avail as the mighty beak of Berty came out the cage n nipped him on the nose. Cat hated it. I loved it.

then he would watch intrigued as the powerball lotto draw took place. Then hold his own draw with his coloured ball being rolled down his ladder 7 times (5 n 2 supplimentaries donchano).

Hated being interrupted while he talked about something too. Give you a right serve. Laughed at my jokes.

Not like the stupid cockateil we have now. Bloody noisy bastard. Anyone want a bird?
Though he does duck down n hide when ya say 'peekaboo!' which is cute. Screams NO DEAL NO DEAL whenever Deal or No Deal (Game show here where the host asks the contestant 'deal or no deal') is on tv. Cracks me up but we can NEVER get him to do it when the vidcam is out.

N i dunno who took my dog n why they left this OTHER identical one in his place.
MY dog would look at you like you were a moron if ya walked up n started patting him. Call him with hand signal n he would walk calmly over n sit. This new, WEIRD dog grovels fer pats n attention in general. Sits his head on ya lap fer chrissake! WHERES MY DOG?? The gurl keeps threatening to give him away i say 'you go b4 the dog goes the CAT however.. that smelly little creature can piss off whenever it feels like'. To which I hear 'he is a tom - they all smell bad - he is actually pretty good'. Which is neither here nor there far as Im concerned. I dont have to deal with OTHER cats, just this one.

christmas is nearly here. Done all our shopping cept mebbe two presents. NO mad scrambling in this house this year! First time fer everything eh. as always the problem was to find USEFUL stuff as distinct from fancy looking crap. me I am easy to buy for. Racket grips n squash balls. Easy. A sports shirt in a light colour.

anyhoo have a good holiday season etc

1 comment:

Lisa said...

When I was growing up we had two aviaries in the yard. One for budgies, one for cockatiels. My mother had a thing about breeding animals (mohair guinea pigs too blah).

As far as your cat's concerned, I will admit that I would not be heart broken if mine disappeared one day. Shant tell the boys that though, despite them being 'cool' teenagers now, I know they'd still prefer her around (pah).

Have a wonderful christmas Goosey...all the very best for 2006!