Thursday, November 29, 2007

More from the guy noone ever reads

I have a new(ish) desktop. P4 2gig, 20mb hdd (ive not yet filled my old 10gig so its plenty). Its got a nice small footprint n blows my old 700 celeron away speed wise as youd expect. Best of all it was free! The gurls' brother had no further use for it n was gonna throw it out. All I had to do was install my DVD drive into the gaping hole in the front n voila. New puter. I have to fiddle with the general settings etc.

We got hosed at cricket on saturday... did a good job bowling n fielding to restrict the enemy to 97. We fielded absolutely fantastically. Vastly improved. We batted like well... hmmm how to put it... 'poorly' just doesnt seem strong enough. Craptacular it were. Top score was 9 n no I didnt get it. I scored a nice round number me. 5th ball duck. Yay. we got flogged the week b4 too but i cant be blamed for that as I was in melbourne.

Got nearly all my Xmas shopping done tooo. Gotta get dad something n the gurl something extra n my sister. Then its done.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on acquiring the new PC, great to get stuff like that for free, woo hoo!

Shame about the cricket huh? But hey, sounds like you were happy with the way you played (regardless of the batting.)

I haven't even started my Xmas shopping yet, I am SO gonna pay for that shortly..be panic stations all round lol

(and I still read you, you know, just crap at commenting lol)

Iron Mike said...

Good you get out for some exercise. It inspires me. Love to bicycle but it is as much as your life is worth with the drivers around here.
Have never seen cricket played, other than some bowling and batting in Iraq last year.
Was having my coffee at an outside table when this little ball fetches the coffee trailer a terrific whack right next my head. I threw it back over the concrete wall from whence it came and was ready when it nearly concussed me a few minutes later. I give it a toss back and bravely walked slowly to a seat at the other end of the trailer. You can guess. It was like they had somebody up a date palm adjusting the fall of shot. And people laugh at you over there when you nearly have your head off. Third times charmed, I carried the ball around the wall and sat where you could see it coming. Eventually they moved to one of Saddam's old tennis courts where there is a fence on all sides. I would go and watch and chase down balls (we call that shagging) when they would knock one out. And that is as close as I've come to playing cricket.
Have since got a book that explains the game but no place to watch it now I'm home. Well, my boy's basketball season is just starting so no missing cricket.
Somehow found your blog during that overseas tour and check up once or twice a month to see how you are doing. Regards---Mike

Lisa said...

See that Goosey?? Another reader!

Not only do Kass and I read you, but the lovely Mike does too!

haha

so there

Kassi said...

Hehe ... I wonder if Mike found your site when he Googled the words "lefty moonbat" or "middle aged perv" ... both of which yield fascinating reading options ... (grin)

Kassi said...

PS : Out of the bazillion websites available when one DOES Google "lefty moonbat" ... your site comes in at number 14 !!!

How cool is THAT ?!?!?!?!?