Friday, June 30, 2006

Ya find Out Something New Every Day

Doctor put me on prozac last week.
Not cuz Im depressed or anything.
(have been in the past, not now)
She thinks it works well as a weight control thingy. If ya happy ya dont eat as much. Seems to be working too. Tends to suppress your appetite without removing it totally like the phentermine does.

We also did blood tests for blood sugar levels and insulin levels. Turns out I have that type X syndrome thingo where you are insulin resistent. Type of diabetes (type 2 it seems). So I have drugs for that too. Apparently (so she says) being insulin resistent can cause both fat and muscle accretion. Which means weight gain. *sigh*
Apparently resistance means the bod stores sugar as fat immediately AND when demand is made (eg running away from a lion or chasing a squash ball) fat from the stomach is supposed to be burnt once the glycogen in your ready use stores at the muscles is used up (which happens quickly). Insulin acts to access those fat stores. But not if you have whatever it is i have :/ explains the tingling in my legs and arms at night too.
Explains why 3 hours of exercise a day was doing exactly jackshit for weight loss.

Well lol at leas twith the prozac im pretty happy HAH. Sitting here with a stupid grin on my face like ive been smoking dope.

My poor long suffering Peugeot 505 is finally running like itself again.
We discovered (this was a couple of weeks ago) it had a cracked insulator on a spark plug cap (similar effect to a shit plug lead) AND the dizzy cap was corroded inside one of the terminals. Different cylinders too. Amazing it was running at all.
Sorting the timing out via trial and error over the next couple of days/weeks. Got that I think perfect on WEdnesday. As well I reset the fuel/air mixture which I think had crept into the wayyyyyyyyyyy rich zone while fiddling trying to get it runnning right. It is now idling and running better than I think at any time since we bought it. Along with his 4 new tyres n new front shocks n new front brake discs n new pads all round it doesnt know what hit it.

The Ford wagon goes for rego on Tuesday. luckily the guvmint giives us Carers a nice handshake at this time of year so we have the money for rego and to give dad for the parts etc it needed. I think secretly dad is rather impressed with it actually. Hasnt had a bad thing to say about it so far. This from someone whos' father (my grandfather) could not say 'ford' without spitting on the ground. Yes.. I remember seeing him do it. dad has a collection of vintage chevrolets in his garage. Our fambly business involved old chevs at one stage . But come Bathurst every year (big race here in Aus fer the ferriners) we all sat down n cheered on the fords. weird shit. For as long as I can remember I have had an almost visceral reaction against supporting holden racing cars. Which is odd as I dont care one way or the other for EITHER brand. We SHOULD have been holden supporters based on our marked chevrolet preference in old cars. As renault n peugoet have almost never been eligible I had no issues there.

We are trying t odecide whether to go to a swapmeet in blacktown this weekend. Dad is going. Probably will eh.
My exgf n I are BOTH devestated this week. Her cuz Keith Urban got married. Me cuz Nicole kidman got married. Me not so much though.
lol
Have a good weekend eh.

No comments: