Wednesday, October 31, 2007

stupid daylight saving

Im already twice as tired as I was a week ago thank you daylight saving. Go to bed later n get up earlier. wonderful.

I bowled two lousy balls at cricket on Saturday. Took one wicket. HEHE Didnt get another chance as they ran out of batsmen!
I also opened the batting at 5:30pm (bloody other team batted for FOUR hours to make 188 all out)I am currently 15 not out so I get to continue this Saturday. It feels rather nice to being playing on our home ground finally. It is nice and level which is a wonderful change from the other grounds we normally play on. Too many bindis however. I had them all up n down my poor widdle arms n all over my hands after fielding. Im still picking the lil fuckers out of my hands. Fer those who are iggerant bindis are little plants wot grow in the grass in Australia. They have sharp lil prongs which dig in like a bastard. They hurt out of ALL proportion to their size. Put it this way - when you have bindis you DONT go barefoot.

I am looking forward to making some runs on Saturday. I need to get a score under my belt as I have not been performing to expectation so far this season. Ive nearly fixed (about 85% right) a technical fault which had crept into my stroke. So I intend to bat through the day on Saturday (of course the other team might have something to do with that).

Since having the arthritis stuff diagnosed Ive found it difficult to walk the dog, and in fact have even struggled to get (this will sound odd) enough time t oride my bike.

The gurl is going to Victoria for a month from next week. This means i will have time to ride at least (dodging damned snakes as I go yeah its that time of year again when the cold blooded little freaks come out to hunt mountain bikers). I dont get much time to do this stuff as I have to stay with the gurl almost round the clock in case she has another fit. Cricket is about the only 'me' time I get n she comes with just in case ( our scorer is a trained nurse so there is always someone there if something happens). Hoping the fits are a thing of the past now as she has started on a new anti convulsive drug. Not new in the sense of just on the market but new i nthe sense that she hasnt had it b4. It is the first one that has had an immediate effect on her. The others, you wouldnt know she had taken them. So fingers crossed they actually stop the seizures (i choose to use 'seizure' and 'fit' interchangeably even though I am aware they are not technically the same, just fer variety *disclaimer ends*)

We got some more pain meds yesterday. Ahhhhhhhhh prescription pain meds... bye bye knee pain..... bye bye lower back pain... bye bye damned bindi sting... and NO you cant have them!!! Theyre MINE ALL MINE. Bloke could get hooked ifn he didnt have will power (Max Powers' younger fitter brother ... thats a Simpsons joke).

I bought some genuine Peugeot bicycle frame stickers from USA the other day n they arrived on Friday. So now IF I decide to strip my racer back to bare arse metal I can turn it into a proper Peugeot racer, not this adulterated late 80s early 90s shimano equipped, fancy ponce named thing it is currently. I can fake up a P10x or some such. I can ge tthe pucka Simplex deraileurs etc and there seems plenty of MAFAC brake gear about so if i want to I can. Seems a shame though as I have the brakes working pretty much exactly as they should now (cable rerout and some WD40 plus swapping the calipers from the other bike)though a new rear cable wouldnt be a bad idea. I next need to either A have 2 spokes on the back wheel replaced or B replace the rear wheel entirely . B is preferable (replace front too natch). I think that will cure the deraileur hitting the spokes in the lowest gear so i cant use the lowest cog (frustrating that eh). anyhoo I better go cook breakfast i spose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wheres the MICRO BOX GOT A CATCH bit, never mind,thanks, cya