Tuesday, September 18, 2007

ebay n stuff

I broke my ebayginity last week.
Im nothing if not cautious about some things. Now Ive bought 5 items. All car type stuff that Im interested in.

Cricket season started on saturday. Finally. I made a fighting 10 after coming at 2/15 which quickly became 3 for not much more. So me n one of the young blokes dug in for a bit. Wore the ball down some. Wore the bowlers down a bit. Took the sting out of it for the blokes who came after us. I like the young bloke I was batting with - level headed young fella, polite n respectful with out being obsequious.

We knocked them over for 95 then went in n we are 8/154 so we have the game well in hand for an outright win next saturday. I intend to bat for an hour on saturday (not me personally - the team) IF the guys who are in can hang about - Id like a lead of about 100 -120 runs. See if we can bowl them out without having to bat again. PS I am captain next week as I am the official Vice Captain n the captain is unable to play next week. HAHAHAHAHH POWER POWER POWER....muawahahahahahaha

I went to the doctor today. He thinks I may need keyhole surgery on my right knee.
Im going for an xray tomorrow. Something about torn cartilage (spelling?).

In more serious events... I swapped the brakes from my Pacific brand racing bike onto my Peugeot. Both bikes have the same Shimano Exage (old late 80s gear)but the Pacifics' brakes looked near new in comparison to the Peugeot. So over they went. The Peugeot had serious front braking issues. Now it stops quite well. The back got frustrating. We discovered that the rear cable has frayed badly as it passes through the top tube (interesting idea but not i think sound) which has impacted badly on the brake performance. It was also badly badly seized. we have freed it up some so the cable is actually moving freely now but the brakes in the outer sheath make it catch. We also replaced the tyres and tubes. Struck a real issue there - the rear wheel wont go back on properly - so the tyre is not seated in the correct position. I walked away from it last night muttering in my beard.I KNOW that overall diameter will fit as i swapped a 27 1/4 inch wheel onto it before - hich is a taller tyre again!! I only changed the damned tyres cuz theyre skinny little racing tyres. As I am not a 45kilo racing monkey i dont think theyre really suitable for my riding. I went up in width which handles my extra bulk better than the skinny rubber. The bike is a really smooth ride as it was, it should be like a magic carpet with the bigger tyres - they require less pressure (the skinnies need upwards of 90 - 110PSI the bigger ones around 65 -70) which is a touch more comfortable on the old arsecheeks. Should increase stability as well. Also did a grease n oil of the chain n gears on my KHS dirtbike. I want it to last for a long time.

Ive been taking the dog for a run in the mornings - I ride my KHS n she runs along furiously sniffing then bolting after me. She gets a good workout without being yanked with a lead constantly. She doesnt go wandering off much either which was a nice surprise. Sees me getting the bike out n starts whimpering to go running. She loves it heh.

Colin Mcrae...
dead... damned helicopters.
Die in a rally... sure I can see that. Well I hope Possum Bourne gave him a hearty welcome at that great Thousand Lakes Rally in the sky. Rallying got a little less exciting when you retired.

hello to my old friend Katey whom I hadnt seen online for ages. Good to see you again mate.

No comments: