Monday, April 10, 2006

hooray for me

Well thats ONE monkey off my back at last!
I finally beat the one woman at squash Ive been gritting n grinding my teeth about fer 2 years. Sick n tired of playing 5 set matches against her n losing in 5. Shit me shit me good it did well I finally did it i beat HER in 5. I think injuries aside, I have gotten over the voodoo curse that was hovering over me whenever I played her. Now I just have to beat that damn doctor (another 'shit here comes a 5 setter' n yeah likewise i get up 2-0 n lose in 5 go figure :/ ) n the voodoo curses will be broken.

Ya know some ppl you arent gonna beat unless there is something wrong eh. One of the girls I play with is 20ish, super fit n hits the ball rather nicely. I can stay with her to about 3-3 in the first game after which I'm basically knackered n she wins easily. Fitness... *sigh* No annoyance at losing to Lisha - shes fitter n faster than me. When I lose to someone who is fitter but simply not as good a player I get the shits with myself though. when I was 20 I cant remember dropping more than a couple of points to ANY woman I played. too fit, too fast, hit the ball too well. would that I could now :/ But atleast now ive got that monkey off my back anyway. Its generally the way though eh. Theres always someone you SHOULD be able to beat pretty easy n ya cant but once you crack it you wonder what the fuss was about. Theres a guy at one centre i play at i beat him 3-0 he beats me 3-0 n when we catch each other when we are BOTH playing either well or shit it goes to 5 n take ya pick who wins. His ssheer fitness balances out my shot playing or my strokeplay works him enough that I try his fitness. When I am ON my game n he isnt mooving as well as normal i flog him - when I am struggling with ball control n he is wizzing around the court he flogs me. Swings n roundabouts. I dont mind losing in that situation. It is always a good game.

I have another 2 hours on the court tomorrow with the Number 6 ranked under 19 in NSW (New South Wales for the illiterate). I coach him twice a week - Tuesdays n Thursdays. He is obviously able to beat me blind at the moment as he hits the ball well n moves like lightning. Bastard. Nah he is a good lad actually. Hasnt got his head quite as far up his arse as most 19yos. I havent got much I can teach him about ball striking - he does that well enough. just working on attitude, training aspects n drilling him on the basics which can be easily forgotten under pressure. I know I can do ok with this as the victim (he whom I havent mentioned in a while) has actually started winning tough games in our local comp. Games which 12 months ago he would have lost easily. I can see the improvement in his game. N I know it is mostly down to the work we have done over the last 12 months. He is a far better player now than he was then.

Well another Easter is around the corner n as usual the good ole christians have forgotten it is basically passover for our jewish friends.
Ive always found it remarkable that we (I come from christian background) stole an enormous volume of lore n straight out history from the jewish people n claimed it seemingly as the birhtright of western europe (intriguing that in itself) but then this is the self same culture that for a 1600 or so years thought pogroms were just so much fun for the whole family. So its ok to steal their heritage but it isnt ok to respect their right to exist? Seems whacky to me. For the sake of the moonbat religious nutters who are all there muttering 'they killed jesus' well they didnt. Last time I checked crucifixion was a particularly ITALIAN punishment. I was gonna say peculiarly Roman but thought rocky might take me to task by pointing out the romans probably learnt it from the Etruscans. so it wouldnt indeed be peculiarly 'roman'. Kassi stop muttering 'anal retentive' i CAN hear you (ok ok only in my head)!
Remember
To join the PFJ youd have to REALLY hate the Romans!!

ahem
next

Just watched that thing Bettany Hughes did on Helen of Sparta (I know I know she is more popularly known as helen of troy but she was the daughter of the king of sparta, the man she MARRIED became king of SParta because he married her n AFTER he went n took her BACK from Troy she was queen of sparta AGAIN - seems to me she is Helen of Sparta) N I just wanna know where Bettany Hughes was when I was at uni learning about this stuff - I mean no offence ladies I was at uni with but she is a knock out. If I was able to I think I would be on a plane n talking ancient methods of seduction with her. She even looks good in jeans.

There was also a thing on rockys' mate Mike Morwood n Homo floriensis. I dont know how ANYONE who has seen an H erectus skull would think floriensis was a modern human. it looks just like a shrunk H erectus skull.

Mind you I cant for the life of me see the so-called 'modern' aspects of those skulls in Israel they make such a song n dance about as being thousands of years earlier than H. neanderthals found nearby. They look pretty damned UNmodern to me. They look pretty neanderthal to me. Ok they seem fairly gracile but hell they dont look anything like modern.

I like that new meat advert. Cept... Sam Neil mentions Homo Habilis n the the little girl mumbles something about Homo Rudolfensis. Rocky youre closer to this than me study wise but wasnt rudolph a closet erectus? The super splitters are taking over palaeoanthropology again worse luck. Now it seems (as it was in the 20-30-40s) if you find it it HAS to have a new name - it couldnt POSSIBLE be related or the same as that one found by your 'esteemed' colleague with whom you are competing for grant moneys n publishing credentials. Dudes... if it LOOKS like a duck, waddles like a duck n quacks like a duck its PROBABLY a fuggin duck ok.

It seems Ive traumatised rocky describing myself as running like a surprised gibbon caught inserting a piece of fruit up its arse. Heh. Hope the nightmares coincide with junior wanting tto be heard at 4am. heh
sorry mate

just been on that friends united website looking through lists of people I went to school with.
amazed at how few of the names ring a bell. I guess it wasnt a bad thing though cuz I I am back in contact with my first gf (the first one who mattered). We hadnt had any contact at all from 1985ish until she emailed me in 04. Was cool.

damn I hate the night Ive played squash. I cant sleep from adrenaline. Too tired to go for a walk (n frankly too scared in this neighbourhood - its ok during the day but i dont think Id like to wander at night). But Im too buzzed to sleep.

2 comments:

Mongooser said...

I see homo rudolphensis is good old KNMER1470 renamed.
stupid kid reading books n not learning
KNMER1470 WAS classified as habilis for about 30 years. Hell I think it makes a better habilis than the type specimen.
The splitters are splitting again. I think habilis is a 'species' in flux - I think it is the first that could be called 'Homo' genuinely but to expect the sort of homogenousness you see in Homo erectus is perhaps a tad unrealistic. I think habilis represesnts evolution in action on the ground. I think all the names theyve come up with lately are all one big breeding population who were sexually dimorphic and in some cases visually distinct but all able to happily swap DNA.

Lisa said...

I used to wonder what it was like to be inside your head dear....lately, I don't need to...it's all out there for us to see! lol